Thursday, December 3, 2009

Professional development reflection

In the 3rd week of classes, I attended a library resources training that has been a big help both in my mentor sessions and for my thesis research. The training was led by librarian for the Pyschology department and focused largely on the departmental resources on the Millar Library's website. She showed us first of all how to use the online journal resource tools, book review sources, and the techniques required to get just the information that you want from web searches. The sinlge most helpful thing that I discovered was the citation software Zotero. Zotero is a citation software that integrates with the Firefox browser allowing the user to save any and all search informationa and citations for future use. I decided to share this citation software with my students, because it is free, and I hope it will be a big help to them in the future. They did not really need it for my class but, is a big help when doing research.

No comments:

Post a Comment